Tips For Managing Tiling and Flooring Projects
When overseeing the installation of tiles, laminate or hybrid flooring in your new build or renovation we recommend you:
- Select a tradesperson that you can communicate with easily, is willing to listen and advise how to incorporate your ideas into the design of your project. Need help selecting a tradie? Call your local showroom for a list of local qualified tradies and view what to consider when selecting a tradesperson.
- Ask about their preparation and if installing large format and rectified tiles, if they will be re-levelling the substrate. Ask if this is included in their price. For more information see What You Need To Know About Large Format, Rectified and Non-Rectified Tiles
- Have your products delivered well before installation and then inspect them (open several boxes) to see if you are happy with the Colour, Design and Texture.
- Have your qualified installer check that the products are well suited for the job and are all from the same batch. It is easier to fix a possible mistake before installation – calibre or shade codes are stamped on the boxes.
- Check with the tradesperson that you have enough tiles, laminate, or hybrid flooring to complete the installation with spares for future maintenance and repairs.
- If you are unsure or have any queries regarding the suitability of your products, do not proceed with the installation and call your Craft Decor showroom.
- Visit the site and consult with your tradesperson daily during the install.
Haven’t selected your tradesperson, view our tips for selecting an installer.